Concept[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Her name, "CYBER DIVA", has not been explained by her developers. It is currently unknown how she received the name.
"Diva" is used as a loanword in English to describe females, generally singers, who reach idol status or consider themselves as important. It is a descriptive word that can also be used as a girl's name, which is borrowed from archaic Italian and originally meant "goddess".
Due to the origin of the word "Diva", the name can have more than one meaning when read. It can also be seen as a play on words.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
As part of the VY series, CYBER DIVA follows similar ideals to past VY vocals VY1 and VY2. These VOCALOIDs were designed with the intention of being able to freely manipulate the VOCALOID to how a producer wants.
It is speculated that because YAMAHA was aiming for the Western audience and looking for a more professional look, YAMAHA opted to use a simple photo as an avatar without a character concept behind it (similar to Zero-G's Prima and Tonio).
The top of a gold plated microphone can be seen, this is based on the iconic Shure Brothers microphone, the model 55s, Multi-Impedance "Small Unidyne" Dynamic which was first released in 1951. Her mic is based on the modern "55SH Series II" variant which is much more curvier then the original version.
Relations[edit | edit source]
For more on VOCALOID relationships, see the FAQ.
- VY1 - A Japanese VY female.
- VY2 - A Japanese VY male.
- CYBER SONGMAN - A complementary voice bank with masculine vocals.
History[edit | edit source]
Marketing[edit | edit source]
She is targeted towards the American market as a professional producer VOCALOID.
Voicebanks[edit | edit source]
- CYBER DIVA
- The CYBER DIVA voicebank was created as a high quality English voicebank, it is a demonstration of improvements between old and new English YAMAHA scripts. A number of bug fixes were made to the voicebank that reflected within the vocal. Though there was a loss of expression within the voice, the pronunciations were much better then all previous English VOCALOIDs. The voice itself aims to be a professional vocal though is not the provider's natural vocal. It was later given a counter-partner vocal called "CYBER SONGMAN".
- CYBER DIVA (VOCALOID4), February 4, 2015
- CYBER DIVA II (VOCALOID5), July 12, 2018
- CYBER DIVA (Mobile VOCALOID Editor)
Music featuring CYBER DIVA[edit | edit source]
Reputation[edit | edit source]
CYBER DIVA gained the no.1 "Hot New Releases in Recording Virtual Instruments Software" on amazon.com when released for sale
CYBER DIVA was well received upon unveiling and her demo "ATHENA" reached over 100,000+ views, putting the demo on par with OLIVER and YOHIOloid. Her demo reached this amount within 3 months of being posted, making it the fastest English-only demo to reach this amount.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|English||VOCALOID CYBER DIVA product page||Link|
|Japanese||VOCALOID CYBER DIVA product page||Link|
|English||deviantArt , art and media community||Link|
|Japanese||Pixiv , art and media community||Link|
[edit | edit source]