His voice provider has never been revealed.
Concept[edit | edit source]
Originally, a male and female VY English pair were confirmed soon after the release of VY2 in 2010. CYBER DIVA was confirmed to be the English female VY vocal "VY3". CYBER SONGMAN is likely to be the English male VY vocal "VY4".
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
As part of the VY series, CYBER SONGMAN follows similar ideals to past VY vocals VY1 and VY2. These VOCALOIDs were designed with the intention of being able to freely manipulate the VOCALOID to how a producer wants.
It is speculated that because YAMAHA was aiming for the Western audience and looking for a more professional look, they opted to use a simple photo as an avatar without a character concept behind it (similar to Zero-G's Prima and Tonio). The sunglasses the model features are the KTZ model by Linda Farrow.
There are a few editing errors within the image of his boxart, such as a black triangle in his hair, while other components are mirrored edits such as the arms.
Relations[edit | edit source]
For more on VOCALOID relationships, see the FAQ.
- VY1 - A Japanese VY female.
- VY2 - A Japanese VY male.
- CYBER DIVA - A complementary voice bank with feminine vocals.
History[edit | edit source]
Marketing[edit | edit source]
He is targeted towards the American market as a professional producer VOCALOID.
Voicebanks[edit | edit source]
- CYBER SONGMAN
- The CYBER SONGMAN voicebank was created as a high quality English voicebank, it is a demonstration of improvements between old and new English YAMAHA scripts. CYBER SONGMAN resolves the issue that its counter-partner CYBER DIVA had with a lack of expression within the vocal. The result is that he actually sounds like he is singing.
- CYBER SONGMAN (VOCALOID4), October 31, 2016
- CYBER SONGMAN II (VOCALOID5), July 12, 2018
- CYBER SONGMAN (Mobile VOCALOID Editor)
Music featuring CYBER SONGMAN[edit | edit source]
|Translation||We Don't Talk Anymore|
CYBER SONGMAN & CYBER DIVA
Zefurr (cover), The seg2580 (VSQx), Uta Yamato (CYBER SONGMAN rendering)
CYBER SONGMAN and BIG AL
Reputation[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- FAQ - Why are some voice providers not revealed?
[edit | edit source]
|English||VOCALOID CYBER SONGMAN product page||Link|
|Japanese||VOCALOID CYBER SONGMAN product page||Link|
|English||deviantArt , art and media community||Link|
|Japanese||Pixiv , art and media community||Link|
[edit | edit source]