CeVIO Creative Studio (pronounced che-ˈvē-ˈo) is a commercial vocal synthesizer product released on September 26, 2013. CeVIO Creative Studio received two awards in 2013, the "MicrosoftⓇ Innovation Award 2013" and the "CEDEC Award".
Its demo version, CeVIO Creative Studio FREE, is available in trial form. Previously, users could not edit Parameters in this version, but they are able to now, with few restrictions.
The Speech portion offers a large dictionary of words to which the vocalists can pronounce in a variety of ways. If they misinterpret kanji, phonemes can be edited. Velocity, Length, Tone, Accent, and Pitch can be edited in this mode. The Speech portion offers different emotions for each character, there are usually 3 different types of voices that can be cross-synthesized, or isolated to portray a single emotion.
In the trial, one could only add breaths and slurring, but in the commercial version, more options for editing became available. Fine-Tune Amplitude Timing, Pitchbends, Volume, and Vibrato rate and depth. Gender is also available to be edited on the side bar of the piano roll. A recent development of the engine also introduced phoneme-input, previously not used.
Amplitude Timing allows for phoneme editing. Sounds often are split into 6 segments in this section, and the beginning of the note is highlighted with a pink line. Dragging the last purple line back to the pink line of the next note will often help with vowel transitions. If there are lines between notes covering a blank space, this characterizes a breath or static sound. It cannot be deleted.
Pitch allows for editing of Pitchbends and addition of Portamento, which most vocals can produce on their own. Many advise using the Line Tool to draw pitchbends, as the Pencil Tool is very sensitive.
Volume can be used for dynamics, however it uses a very intense scale and minor adjustments to loudness can cause peaking/clipping, and lower volumes can cause an influx of static. Adjusting the volume of the track may be preferable.
Vibrato rate controls how fast vibrato cycles will happen. Within the program, the user isn't supposed to draw the vibrato, but rather a diagonal line/curve upwards to indicate the vibrato is accelerating, or a diagonal line/curve downwards to indicate the vibrato is decelerating.
Vibrato depth controls how deep the pitch of the vibrato cycles will be. In other words, the intensity of the vibrato. This is edited the same way as Vibrato rate, with the diagonal lines or curves.
The ability to add and edit phonemes manually allows some "Engrish" words to be made, or allows smoother pronunciation of borrowed words. In addition to phoneme editing, up to 5 hiragana/katakana characters can be added onto a single space. This is a unique feature of CeVIO.
- Sato Sasara and ONE are the only vocalists who can speak and sing using the same engine. IA can also speak and sing, but currently her Japanese voices are multi-engine.
- Sato Sasara is the only vocalist to suffer from harsh vowel transitions.
- Sato Sasara has an AI 3D model projection. This is used to have her explain products and answer questions about them.
- Despite Akasaki Minato and Kizaki Airi, along with Midorizaki Kasumi and Shirosaki Yuudai, being the correct complementing vocals of similar genres, the four are often paired in reverse in official art--Minato next to Kasumi, Yuudai next to Airi.
- A CeVIO talk voice and an English singing voice has been released for IA, suggesting that her character is no longer going to be on the VOCALOID engine, but still exists as a VOCALOID as well as a CeVIO character. She is the first VOCALOID to officially do this.
- IA English was the first completed HTS-styled vocalist. Sinsy's English Demonstrative voices both use incomplete voices.
- The CeVIO Team has shared that they now have the dictionaries for English and Mandarin. The possible development of more languages and new characters in CeVIO is imminent, as the growth of HTS occurs.
- CeVIO's homepage
- CeVIO's advertising of CeVIO Creative Studio
- Nico Nico Pedia
- Comparison of CCS & CCSF
- CeVIO on twitter
- user guide for CCSF
- user guide for CCS
- Sato Sasara's website
- Sato Sasara on Twitter
- Suzuki Tsudumi on Twitter