At the Nico Nico Douga Live Event "2010 Summer: Egao no Chikara event" on August 26, 2010, YAMAHA, Fuji TV Kids and Internet Co., Ltd. announced that they would release a new voice pack for the VOCALOID2 software. They said that the pack will be based on Gachapin, a green baby dinosaur character, from Hirake! Ponkikki, a popular Fuji TV kids' television program which ran from 1973 to 1993. The voice of Gachapoid was offered by Kuniko Amemiya, a voice actress, who also gave her voice to the original Gachapin.
The "Gachapoid", Gachapin x VOCALOID voice pack CD", was released on October 8, 2010, with a special green case and a free six-month subscription based on VOCALOID-flex to Nico Nico Douga's premium paid service.
Two demo songs had been given out on his official page.
Gachapoid was the only VOCALOID of the VOCALOID2 engine with additional vocal software support. Gachapoid had access to the VOCALOID-flex engine and was used in conjunction with the software "VTalk". This allowed Gachapoid to be used in new ways, opening new methods of delicate editing to alter his vocal results. He was the only commercial VOCALOID to have access to this engine. Previously, only the unreleased prototype voicebank by Crypton Future Media, CV-4Cβ, was known to have used this engine. The result was that Ryuto's voice had potential that other VOCALOIDs did not at that time.
Users could use this for 6 months, free of charge from the date of installation.
This service lasted until February 13, 2015, when it was retired.
Note: V-Talk does NOT come with Gachapoid V3, only VOCALOID2 Gachapoid.
At the end of 2015, it was announced that from March 31, 2016, VOCALOID2 was being retired and no new serial codes were be issued by Yamaha.
- Computer:2000 + more than Pentium4 2 GHz/Athlon XP
- recommended Pentium4 2.8 GHz/Athlon 64 2800 + or more
- OS:(Recommended in the case of stand-alone 8/7/Vista) Windows 8/Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Available only 32bit version OS
- required hard disk space: 600MB or more
- RAM memory:(The 1GB recommended) 512MB or more
- VOCALOID2 VST instrument when using Real-time recommended 2GB or more
- Other:DVD-R/RW drive / sound card / Internet connection environment (activation time)
- interface: VST, ReWire, stand-alone
Gachapoid was the 3rd member of the "poid" series and the first "non-professional" vocal by Internet co., Ltd.
| Optimum Range: F2 ~ A3 Optimum Tempo: 90 ~ 150 BPM |
Total Tempo (min-max): 60 BPM No. of Keys: W ~ 10, B ~ 7, Total ~ 17
|Trial/Demo Vers?: No|
|Package details as noted:|
He is the CV of voice provider Kuniko Amemiya and his voice is intended to be the "singing vocals" of "Gachapin", a popular character from a japanese TV show. Gachapoid was the 3rd member of the "poid" series and the first non-professional singing vocal produced by Internet co., Ltd.
Gachapoid is the only VOCALOID2 commercial voicebank that has access to the VOCALOID-flex engine, that is used in conjunction with the software V-Talk, which make him able to speak instead of sing, opening new methods of delicate editing to alter his vocal results. This service became unavailable on February 13, 2015.
|Vocal traits as noted:|
|Phonetic notes as noted:|
|Software issues as noted:|
- ↑  AV Watch - Gachapin VOCALOID released in October
- ↑ Wikipedia - ひらけ!ポンキッキ (Hirake! Ponkikki)
- ↑  Amazon/jp - VOCALOID2 ガチャッポイド 初回限定版
- ↑  INTERNET Co.,Ltd - V-Talkサービス
- ↑ link
- ↑  IT Media News - コードネームは「勇馬」 ヤマハ純正のイケメンボカロ「VY2」の話を聞いてきた