Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- extend (初音ミク -Project DIVA Extend-) is a video game created by SEGA (パラフレ) for the PlayStation®Portable.
Previously known as Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2.5, is a rhythm game and a released extension to -Project DIVA- 2nd. It was originally released on November 10, 2011. The digital version was released on December 15, 2011. The game is like the other games in the Project DIVA series, but has new changes to the gameplay.
A PS3 expansion, Dreamy Theater Extend, was released on September 13, 2012, however, it only contains songs from DIVA extend. The add-on is both comparable and different from the previous Dreamy Theater installments as it contains much higher detailed graphics and is rendered on the PS3's GPU in 720p, but also features an exclusive Live Concert Mode.
Changes from Project DIVA 2ndEdit
Unlike Project DIVA 2nd, the game features new changes to the gameplay. Some of the new changes to Extend are:
- There are new background songs and music videos as well as new modules for the characters. This however doesn't affect the gameplay very much.
- Some Help Items are removed and replaced with new Challenge Items which make your Gameplay more difficult. The x2 DP Challenge Item is the 'COOL&FINE' item, which only accepts COOL and FINE, while SAFE and SAD automatically get counted as WORST. The x4 DP item is the 'Survival' item in which your Life Gauge can only be decreased and not able to increase. Amount of Life lost is also twice as quicker.
- In the Song Select screen, you can also view the whole PV of the song you have cleared by pressing the Triangle button.
- You are now able to press START on the song selection screen to toggle "Default Characters" on and off. This will make the original singer of the song appear in their original outfit without changing the current module.
- The color of the names 'EXTREME,' 'HARD,' 'NORMAL,' and 'EASY' have different colors, rather than the normal light-blue colour in Project DIVA 2nd. Colors for EXTREME, HARD, NORMAL and EASY are green, light-blue, purple and red respectively.
- You will now be able to see your clear rate in percent.
- Your Rank will now be visible in the Song selection screen. You are now able to see which song and which difficulty you have completed with a PERFECT or a MISSxTAKE for example. (Note that songs cleared with a Help Item will show a red circle or a red crown, indicating that this song was accomplished a rank with a help item.
- The Completion Bar around the Health Gauge is now calculated according to the note hits percentage.
- You can take screenshots of your final scores in the result screen by pressing the R-button.
- The Promotional modules are gained from buying the game at the store in question.
- To use Kasane Teto in the game, you have to import the Project DIVA 2nd DLC Module as Extra Module into Project DIVA Extend by using the Import DLC Data option.
- When a song is cleared, the VOCALOIDs have animations instead of zooming into the screen
The gameplay is the same as the other games in the Project DIVA series. The player would have to press the face buttons on their PSP that match the symbols that move across the screen when they get to their grayed version as an animated music video plays. The player can choose a song from a wide variety of songs that are sung by VOCALOIDs. The player can also choose which character, known as modules, they want to play in the game. The VOCALOIDs featured in the game are Hatsune Miku, Rin and Len Kagamine, Megurine Luka, MEIKO, and KAITO. The derivatives Akita Neru, Yowane Haku, and Sakine Meiko are featured as well.
For the Live Concert Mode in Dreamy Theater Extend, the player is able to control the camera to change viewing angles throughout the PV using the analogue sticks and shoulder buttons. The PS3 add-on also has several songs that are not playable (despite some of them having playable PVs) and are only available in Live Concert Mode.
See gallery for /Modules
The modules for PD Extend consist of original outfits based on popular promotional videos, the contest winning outfits from the Piapro contest, and the original modules from the first PD game, all of which are importable. Others include sponsored outfits by FamilyMart.
Dreamy Theater Extend also features six additional modules from -Project DIVA- Arcade that can only be used in the PS3 add-on.
Otomania, daniwellP, Hikarisyuyo, Yuyoyuppe, Toku-P, JimmyThumb-P, Tsurishi-P, Otetsu, Tatami-P, doriko, Iroha(sasaki), Yasuo-P, Kz, Yanagi-P, Nori-P, azuma, Kuwagata-P, OPA, Signal-P, Mikuru396, Dixie Flatline, Shigotoshite-P, Team MOER, samfree, Kotsuban-P, Deadball-P, Ginsaku, sasakure.UK, Hachi, cosMo, Owata, ryo, wowaka, Supercell,
|01||Ievan Polkka||Eva's Polkka||Otomania||Miku|
|02||ねこみみスイッチ (Nekomimi Switch)||Cat Ear Switch||daniwellP||Miku|
|03||孤独の果て (Kodoku no Hate)||End of Solitude||Hikarisyuyo||Rin|
|05||SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-||SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-||Toku-P||Miku|
|07||那由他の彼方まで (Nayuta no Kanata Made)||To the End of Infinity||Tsurishi-P||Len, (Miku, Rin)|
|08||星屑ユートピア (Hoshikuzu Utopia)||Stardust Utopia||Otetsu||Luka|
|09||タイムリミット (Time Limit)||Time Limit||Tatami-P||Miku|
|10||歌に形はないけれど (Uta ni Katachi wa Nai Keredo)||Though My Song Has no Form||doriko||Miku|
|11||炉心融解 (Roshin Yuukai)||Meltdown (Nuclear Fusion)||Iroha(sasaki)||Rin|
|12||えれくとりっく・えんじぇぅ (Electric Angel)||Electric Angel||Yasuo-P||Miku|
|14||千年の独奏歌 (Sennen no Dokusou Ka) (DIVA edit)||Thousand Year Solo (DIVA edit)||Yanagi-P||KAITO|
|15||右肩の蝶 (Migikata no Chou) -39's Giving Day Edition-||Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder -39's Giving Day Edition-||Nori-P||Len, (Rin)|
|16||あなたの歌姫 (Anata no Utahime)||Your Diva||azuma||Miku|
|18||忘却心中 (Boukyaku Shinjuu)||Oblivion Suicide||OPA||MEIKO|
|19||リンリンシグナル (Rin Rin Signal) -Append Mix-||Rin Rin Signal -Append Mix-||Signal-P||Rin Power, Len Power|
|21||Just Be Friends||Just Be Friends||Dixie Flatline||Luka|
|22||番凩 (Tsugai Kogarashi)||Pair of Wintry Winds||Shigotoshite-P||MEIKO, KAITO|
|23||カラフル×メロディ (Colorful × Melody)||Colorful x Melody||Team MOER||Miku, Rin|
|24||ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー (Luka Luka★Night Fever)||Luka Luka★Night Fever||samfree||Luka|
|26||金の聖夜霜雪に朽ちて (Kogane no Seiya Sousetsu ni Kuchite)||Golden Holy Night Rotting into the Frost and Snow (Requiem for the Phantasma [25, Dec])||Deadball-P||Miku|
|27||いろは唄 (Iroha Uta)||ABC Song||Ginsaku||Rin|
|28||＊ハロー、プラネット。 (*Hello, Planet.) (I.M.PLSE-EDIT)||*Hello, Planet. (I.M.PLSE-EDIT)||sasakure.UK||Miku|
|29||結ンデ開イテ羅刹ト骸 (Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro)||Hold, Release; Rakshasa and Carcasses||Hachi||Miku|
|30||初音ミクの消失 -DEAD END- (Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu -DEAD END-)||The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku -DEAD END-||cosMo||Miku|
|32||裏表ラバーズ (Ura-omote Lovers)||Two-Faced Lovers||Wowaka||Miku|
|33||こっち向いて Baby (Kocchi Muite Baby)||Look This Way, Baby||ryo||Miku|
|34||初音ミクの激唱 (Hatsune Miku no Gekishou)||The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku||cosMo||Miku|
|35||カラフル×セクシィ (Colorful × Sexy)||Colorful x Sexy||Team MOER||Luka, MEIKO|
|36||ローリンガール (Rolling Girl)||Rolling Girl||wowaka||Miku|
|37||積乱雲グラフィティ (Sekiranun Graffiti)||Cumulonimbus Cloud Graffiti||Supercell||Miku|
|01 ¥1000||GO MY WAY!!||GO MY WAY!!||Otomania||Miku|
|02 ¥1000||relations||relations||Haro-P||Rin, Luka|
|03 Free||えでぃっともーどのうた (Edit Mode no Uta)||Song of Edit Mode||Lamaze-P||Miku|
- These Bonus songs are only played as an audio background in Miku's Room and are not playable in Free Play mode. They can also be used exclusively in Edit Mode
|01||Start of Rainbow ~first step~||Start of Rainbow ~first step~||Sugiyama Keiichi/Dixie Flatline||Miku|
|02||藍色の日、空翔ける ~second flight~ (Aiiro no hi, sora kakeru ~second flight~)||The date of Indigo, fly sky ~second flight~||Sugiyama Keiichi/baker||Miku|
|03||恋の祈り ~extend your wave~ (Koi no inori ~extend your wave~)||Prayer of Love ~extend your wave~||Sugiyama Keiichi/YUMIKO/wowaka||Miku|
Live Stage ModeEdit
- These songs can only be used in the Live Stage Mode in Dreamy Theater Extend.
|01||えれくとりっく・えんじぇぅ (Electric Angel)||Electric Angel||Yasuo-P||Miku|
|02||炉心融解 (Roshin Yuukai)||Meltdown (Nuclear Fusion)||iroha(sasaki)||Rin|
|04||孤独の果て (Kodoku no Hate)||End of Solitude||Hikarisyuyo||Rin|
|05||初音ミクの消失 -DEAD END- (Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu -DEAD END-)||The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku -DEAD END-||cosMo||Miku|
|06||タイムリミット (Time Limit)||Time Limit||Tatami-P||Miku|
|07||右肩の蝶 (Migikata no Chou) -39's Giving Day Edition-||Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder -39's Giving Day Edition-||Nori-P||Len, (Rin)|
|09||Just Be Friends||Just Be Friends||Dixie Flatline||Luka|
|10||SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-||SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-||Toku-P||Miku|
|11||ワールズエンド・ダンスホール (World's End Dancehall)||World's End Dancehall||wowaka||Miku, Luka|
| ||Title||初音ミク -Project DIVA- extend Complete Collection|
|Release Date||November 9, 2011|
- In the opening cinematic, Miku's cell phone resembles a SoftBank AQUOS SHOT 002SH while Luka's resembles an iPhone 3GS.
- The opening cinematic also have an alternate version where Miku, Rin, Len and Luka are voiced by their voice providers in their original human voice along with Project Diva 2nd and it's unlocked when every song (excluding DLC) is cleared on NORMAL.
- One of Miku's modules "Sonic Style" was designed by Yuji Uekawa who is also the designer for the Sonic the Hedgehog series. According to Yuji he made this module to celebrate 20th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- On an album that was given to those who pre-ordered the game, Miku sings Live and Learn, the theme song of SONIC ADVENTURE 2, to also celebrate Sonic's 20th anniversary.
- The three background songs "Start of Rainbow ~first step~", "The date of Indigo, fly sky ~second flight~" and "Prayer of Love ~extend your wave~" are the fully vocalized versions of the title screen music for the first Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2nd and Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Extend respectively.
- The Live Concert Mode in Dreamy Theater Extend is based on Miku no Hi Dai Kanshasai 39's Giving Day at the Tokyo Hall City Dome in Tokyo, Japan in which took place on March 9, 2012.
- Official Site: SEGA Japan, Project DIVA extend