Kaai Yuki (歌愛ユキ) is a Japanese VOCALOID developed and distributed by AH-Software Co. Ltd., and was initially released in December 2009 for the VOCALOID2 engine. Yuki's vocals are based on an elementary school student. Since the voice provider was a young fourth grade girl at the time, her identity was never revealed for legal reasons. Her voice provider was able to speak about Yuki for the character's 10th anniversary, but she still remains anonymous. She was the first female VOCALOID whose voice samples were not produced from an adult.
She and Hiyama Kiyoteru were released as "student" and "teacher" VOCALOIDs.
The characters of her surname, "歌愛", mean "song" and "love" respectively.
Yuki is meant to be portrayed as a 9-year-old elementary school student. She is said to be "as tall as 10 big apples" and "as heavy as 86 apples". Her red randoseru is a motif of YAMAHA's wind controller, WX5.
For more on VOCALOID relationships, see the FAQ.
- Hiyama Kiyoteru - Teacher.
Until May 2011, all AH-Software VOCALOIDs were banned from KARENT.
- Kaai Yuki - Natural
- The Yuki vocal was designed to give a child-like vocal to producers. She represents a child's voice and was voiced by an actual child, making her a realistic representation of a child. The vocal is that of an amateur singer and does not give professional singing quality. However, due to the vocal source being of a child, the "natural" vocal has encountered updating issues over time.
- Kaai Yuki (VOCALOID2), December 4, 2009
- Kaai Yuki V4 (VOCALOID4), October 29, 2015
- Kaai Yuki Natural (Mobile VOCALOID Editor)
Music featuring Kaai YukiEdit
A song about someone reluctant to see their loved one leave, but trying to be brave about it.
|Translation||風のただいま (Kaze no Tadaima)|
This song was the first Yuki original to enter the Hall of Fame.
The song was created out of nostalgia for the Shōwa period; its subject matter mainly concerns Yuki being bored with school and interested in boys (80's guys in particular).
|Translation||秘密の放課後 (Himitsu no Houkago)|
A more risque VOCALOID work with an idol atmosphere and a dating sim theme.
The first three AH-Software VOCALOIDs were slow to gain popularity and were amongst the least popular VOCALOIDs for a while. In 2010, Yuki was the second most popular of the trio.
An independent search on Nico Nico Douga revealed that most VOCALOIDs, Yuki included, had less than 1,000 videos uploaded in 2011 between July 1 and December 15.
- ↑ FAQ - Why are some voice providers not revealed?
- ↑ https://youtu.be/XsaGMnAzh9I?t=1113
- ↑ http://www.dtmstation.com/archives/51920476.html
- ↑ VOCALOID Enjoy
- ↑ VCC - How big is the Japanese Vocaloid community?
- ↑ http://www.vocaloidism.com/2012/01/04/the-harsh-realities-of-vocaloid-on-nico/
|Japanese||AH-Soft official homepage||Link|
|Japanese||VOCALOID2 Yuki product page||Link|
|Japanese||AHSoftware The official YouTube channel||Link|
|English||deviantArt , art and media community||Link|
|Japanese||Pixiv , art and media community||Link|