Otomachi Una (音街ウナ) is a Japanese VOCALOID developed by Internet Co., Ltd. in collaboration with MTK Inc. and was released in July 2016 for the VOCALOID4 engine. A speech bank was also released for Talk Ex; on November 11, 2020, a VOICEROID2 version of such talk bank was announced.
She is voiced by the Japanese voice actress, Aimi Tanaka (田中あいみ; Tanaka Aimi).
Una comes with two voicebanks titled "Sugar" and "Spicy". These names, as well as her age of 11, are likely a reference to the old nursery rhyme "What Are Little Boys Made Of?". In the rhyme, little girls are said to be made of 3 things: sugar, spice, and everything nice.
Her birthday is July 30.
Una's appearance has a blue motif, including blue hair, clothing, and an eel-themed hat. Her attire for her Sugar voicebank is based on a marching band outfit, while her outfit for her Spicy voicebank is based on a Japanese school uniform. On her talk software, she is featured in a teacher's outfit.
For more on VOCALOID relationships, see the FAQ.
- Ottoman Bō - An eel-themed hat that is seen changing expressions to match Una.
On June 15, 2016, a teaser trailer was uploaded to what is now Otomachi Una's official YouTube channel revealing the silhouettes of two VOCALOID libraries: Sugar and Spicy. A few weeks later, on June 30, another video was uploaded, revealing that the two VOCALOID libraries belonged to one character: Otomachi Una. Her VOCALOID4 package would release one month later, on July 30, 2016.
A few months after her VOCALOID release, on March 8, 2017, another teaser was uploaded featuring the designs of Sugar and Spicy, along with a hidden third Una design that was yet unrevealed. One week later, the full design was shown, belonging to Otomachi Una Talk. Una Talk (or Talk Ex) ran on the AITalk speech engine.
Since her initial release as a singing and speaking mascot, Una has participated in various collaborations with companies.
On November 11, 2020, Una's VOICEROID2 was revealed, with her release set for December 11, 2020.
On her website, Una has a list of downloadable content which includes official MMD models created by kuu_wanko and Rennya, free motion data, and official video materials.
She has an official Twitter and website.
- Otomachi Una - Sugar
- The Sugar vocal was created to give a large number of tones for XSY, especially when combined with "Spicy". It is a cute and sweet sounding young female vocal, an example of voice acting. The Una vocal was fairly beginner friendly and high quality, being one of Internet Co., Ltd.'s highest quality voicebanks. It was one of the largest vocal ranges of VOCALOID5 and few vocals could compete with it, one of the few beating it being the "Spicy" vocal.
- Otomachi Una - Spicy
- The Spicy vocal was created to give a large number of tones for XSY, especially when combined with "Sugar". It is a strong and energetic sounding young female vocal, an example of voice acting. The Una vocal was fairly beginner friendly and high quality, also being one of Internet Co., Ltd.'s highest quality voicebanks. This voicebank is ideal for rock music and power ballads. Its vocal range was matched by only one other VOCALOID at the time of release.
- Otomachi Una (VOCALOID4), July 30, 2016
- Otomachi Una - Talk
- A talk voicebank was released for Talk Ex and then later released for VOICEROID2.
- Otomachi Una (Talk Ex), April 20, 2017
- Otomachi Una (VOICEROID2), December 11, 2020
Music featuring Otomachi Una
|Translation||はやくそれになりたい！ (Hayaku Sore ni Naritai!)|
Hito de Nashi
|Translation||おどれ！VRダンス！ (Odore! VR Dance!)|
|Translation||Torisshu-hime to Kabocha no Kaibutsu|
- Locked downloads
|Japanese||SingerSongWriter Jp official homepage||Link|
|Japanese||Otomachi Una official website||Link|
|Japanese||Music City 57 Jp official website||Link|
|Japanese||音街ウナ（公式） official twitter||Link|