Sharp Corporation (シャープ株式会社 Shāpu Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese multinational corporation that designs and manufactures electronic products, headquartered in Sakai-ku, Sakai. It is currently developing the upcoming VOCALOID COCOROBO.
Since 2016 it has been an integral part of Taiwan-based Foxconn Group. Sharp employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. The company was founded in September 1912 in Tokyo and takes its name from one of its founder’s first inventions, the Ever-Sharp mechanical pencil, which was invented by Tokuji Hayakawa in 1915.
As of 2013, Sharp Corporation is the tenth-largest, by market share, television manufacturer in the world. In Japan it has been a long-time leader. Sharp has at times also been the most popular mobile phone brand in the Japanese market, but is currently third biggest.
- Main article: Status
- Notice - The following boxes link to articles currently in sandbox mode.
- The article names are consider placeholders and are subjected to change without notice.
- ↑ http://www.sharp.co.jp/corporate/ir/pdf/2016/160812-1.pdf
- ↑ Global market share held by LCD TV manufacturers from 2008 to 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- ↑ (C)Copyright 2006 ALLON Inc. "Market Share Ranking in Japan - Japan Business Resources". allon.info.
- ↑ "In Japan, Smartphones Surpass Feature Phones among Newly Acquired Devices for First Time Ever". comScore, Inc.
- ↑ "iPhone accounted for 60% share of the Japanese mobile phone brand harmed Japan". hihuadu.com.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- Official site
- US site
- Global site
- Facebook (JP)
- Facebook (US)