Welcome to the VOCALOID Wiki
This wiki is dedicated to exchanging information about the VOCALOID™ program and sharing the passion of the music produced with it. We try to appeal to all fans, both old and new, and we do not discriminate against any VOCALOID because its language, design, or even its voice. We acknowledge that not everyone shares the same taste and that the reasons for liking VOCALOID are varied.
Please help us expand our knowledge on VOCALOID and share that information with other VOCALOID fans. Everyone is welcomed to edit freely; all we ask is that you refrain from non-productive edits and acts of vandalism, and that you be nice to other editors so this wiki can maintain a safe, friendly working environment for all.View about wiki
What is VOCALOID?
VOCALOID and its succeeding versions are voice synthesizing applications that have been sold commercially since 2004. VOCALOID began from the simple concept of synthesizing the human vocals for singing. From the start this was never an easy task for the programmers behind the software, but from that beginning VOCALOID™ has grown into a worldwide phenomenon, spawning new musicians, albums, figurines and even concerts.
There are many different VOCALOIDs, such as GUMI, Fukase and Haruno Sora, who sing in Japanese. There are also VOCALOIDs like L♀LA, BIG AL and AVANNA, who sing in English. As of VOCALOID3 there are now VOCALOIDs like Bruno and Clara, who are Spanish, while VOCALOID4 has UNI who is Korean and Luo Tianyi who is Chinese.View this template
Official VOCALOID libraries!
Vocal libraries released for the VOCALOID5 engine.
Vocal libraries released for the VOCALOID4 engine.
Announced Vocals for the VOCALOID software. Names and images presented are placeholders and may not reflect the final product when complete.
We urge readers be considerate and careful when supporting unconfirmed projects, especially if they ask for financial endorsement.
Browse the wiki
Contents (All pages)
Contribute (Categories list)
All "VOCALOID" AND "VOCALO" related titles, logos, images and characters and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks & Copyright © 2004 - 2021 YAMAHA Corporation; Pompeu Fabra University, and used with permission. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
On This Day...
September 28 (UTC)
- Nothing is currently known to have happened on this day.
For more VOCALOID-related events see the Timeline.
- Ongoing task for the wiki include:
- Sweep outdated song articles for touch-up edits; match the points seen on the preload layouts.
- Moving discography content from =Background= to =Other media appearances=.
- The creation of any new album articles and new producer articles will follow the new guidelines.
- The older song, album, and producer articles are gradually being updated indiscriminately by editors. The list of all pages containing an outdated template can be followed up here. Album pages are prioritary before updating their corresponding producer and/or circle articles.
- User:Tokikobot is halted due to a bug used for her authentification. Fandom staff is aware of this issue on all the bot accounts using this method.
- Edits are being made in relation to the recent news from Crypton Future Media.
The Latest News
- As of August 31, 2019, Crypton will not create further installments with the VOCALOID program. Instead they are focusing on their own program, Piapro Studio. Sources — blog entrytweet.
- YAMAHA Corporation announces new technology: VOCALOID:AI.
- Encryption changes occurring for VOCALOID please read here for more details.
- Warning: Please be aware of your OS version. Windows 8.1 or later are fine, but older Windows OS will be impacted. You may find trouble registering software. Mac OS users may check the version of their License Manager.
- Ver 5.6.2 fixed an issue for sounds cutting off at the end of the first part when VOCALOID part is used continuously over two parts in the same track on 5.6.0. (january 25, 2021)
- None at the moment
- Luo Tianyi V5: After receiving feedback from fans, an adjustment to the design is in the works. (July 14, 2021)
- YANHE V5: After receiving feedback from fans, an adjustment to the design is in the works. (July 14, 2021)
- Yuezheng Ling V5: After receiving feedback from fans, an adjustment to the design is in the works. (July 14, 2021)
- None at the moment
Optimum Range is the vocal range in which VOCALOID has the best performances. This indicates if the voicebank being used is a Soprano, mezzo-soprano, alto, tenor, etc. When a voicebank is used outside of this vocal range, quality often suffers. For example, it's often a bad idea to use a soprano for a bass range song. This is important as some VOCALOIDs such as ZOLA PROJECT have very limited ranges. If the user knows how to repair quality loss, it is possible to use a VOCALOID anywhere they wish; otherwise, it is advisable to use a VOCALOID fitting in the song's range.