|i|| This subject is a policy. |
Standard guidelines: Producer guideline • Series guideline • Event guideline • Song guideline • Album guideline • Examples of usage guideline • Reputation guideline • Product information guideline • Notable song guideline • Song lists guideline • Voice provider guideline • Official illustrator guideline
Music templates: Producer table templates • Series box • Event box • Song box 2 • Album box • Event template • Lyric coloring template • Lyric sharing template • Derivative template • Track listing • Notable template • Linkage template • SongID template
Site maintenance: About templates • Preload templates • Notify templates • Translation notice template • Interwiki templates • Redirect template • Create articles • Work in Progress category • Vcolor template • Vlogo template • Choosing colors • Video and audio hosting services • Sandbox user header. More subjects categorized here
The article is a guideline about uploading images to the VOCALOID Wiki.
- Official media is the preference. See Community to link images on personal spaces.
- Licensing is required for all images. Refer to the drop menu or Category:Images.
- Images should receive descriptive names.
- Avoid uploading duplicate images, unless the upload is of better quality than the current image.
- Use the Summary box to link the original source of the image.
What to knowEdit
This includes songs, albums, and notable listings.
- File:Music_title VOCALOID_name Producer_name.png
- Or simply File:Music_title Producer_name.png
This includes voice providers, producers, and illustrators.
- Anything after that should receive a qualifier, such as File:Person_name screencap.png and so on.
This includes official VOCALOID characters and related images.
- Anything after that should receive a qualifier, such as File:Character_name poster.png and so on.
What to uploadEdit
You are allowed to upload images released for "fair use":
- Software boxart - as this is released to advertise.
- Promotional artwork - Concept art and full body art or otherwise.
- Demonstration songs - Classified as "Promotional" also.
- Merchandise - requires only one to two images.
- For manga related pages, only upload volume covers and never whole pages. If any artwork directly from a manga is used, only 1 frame is allowed per page and no more.
- Screenshots of gameplay released by official sources are fine. Otherwise do not upload.
- We also make exception for modules like in the Project Diva games, but we do not excessively upload images of the game itself.
- Non-promotional artwork by illustrators are acceptable, however, we must draw the line due to copyright and if the image is useful to the wiki or not.
What not to uploadEdit
- Music videos - As stated in the image guidelines; this wiki is not a image or video hosting service.
- See Derivative to link videos on personal spaces.
- The only acceptable embeds are official promotional videos and tutorials via YAMAHA or related companies.
- If a studio objects to an image being on the wiki, the wiki will remove it and cannot add it back.
- Grounds for "Fair Use" does not give us the right to upload every image without consequence and this should never be used as an excuse for a particular image to exist on the wiki for the sake of it existing here.
- Barred images include the following: