|🛠|| This subject is work in progress.|
Please bear with us while improvements are being made and assume good faith until the edits are complete.
For information on how to help, see the guidelines. More subjects categorized here.
Voctro Labs is a company born as an spin-off of the MTG, the group involved in the VOCALOID's development in association with Yamaha. The company's goal is to provide voice synth-related technology, and they were the first one to release Spanish VOCALOID: V3 Bruno and Clara.
Stablished on December 2011, Voctro-Labs, S.L. is the third spin-off company born from the Music Technology Group (MTG) in the Department of Information and Communication Technologies of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). The company was founded by Jordi Janer, Oscar Mayor, Merlijn Blaauw and Jordi Bonada, with the support of the Innovation Unit of the UPF and the second prize of the Valortec 2011.
Around 2009 the MTG started to develop two Spanish voices for Vocaloid that eventually will become the Vocaloids Bruno and Clara. According Voctro Labs, the process wasn't continuous, as they had to adapt the Vocaloid engine to the Spanish language and establish the company first.
Aware the Spanish market is more difficult than the English and Japanese ones (mainly due the piracy and as the software less known), the company has opted to a different business model to said markets.
Interviews and presentations
- Catalunya Ràdio's interview - Generación Digital (in Catalan, with Spanish subtitles)
- CPEU2's Presentation - Voice Synthesis and Transformation Technologies (in English)
- Tinc Una Idea's TV Report - VoctroLabs (with English subtitles)
- Main article: Status
Spanish (Catalan) vocals
During the promotions of both Bruno and Clara, a contest was announced on November 10, 2011. Submissions were closed on December 10th, and voting (by visitors) was open from December 10th to December 17th 2011. The rules stated that the image depict both Bruno and Clara in a single submission. Both characters should be drawn in a similar style to their debut, that being the overall ‘look’ (clothing, hair/eye color, etc.) of the current characters. However, artistic freedom was allowed.
The winner(s) would earn the prize of having Bruno & Clara voice libraries as direct downloads, while the second prize was a choice between Bruno or Clara voice library (winner’s choice) as direct download.
The contest was spawned from negative messages from those who were disappointed with the art for the voices, as many were expecting a more "manga"-like style that is typically associated with Vocaloid such as Crypton.
The winners were announced on the 19th of December.
VoctroLabs have released various Plug-ins to help Bruno & Clara users, like Vocaloid users in general.
Involvement in Plan B
VoctroLabs collaborated in the 2nd edition of Plan Balletines (Plan B), a collaborative project sponsored by Ballantine's where the people can help to create the lyrics for a famous artist. In this edition participated the Spanish band, La Oreja de Van Gogh.
VoctroLabs provided the tools that allowed to the participants listen their written lyrics sung by a virtual female voice through the official website using NetVocaloid synthesis. It was revealed this voice was a new Vocaloid that was being developed by the company. The company announced they're planning on releasing this voice to the public, however they don't have a date for this yet.
The contest ended the December 29, 2012 with the song 'Otra vez me has sacado a bailar' chosen as winner among the 15,000 entries. The song was available for purchase and download at January 22, 2013 and the band officially debut it in the Premios 40 Principales 2013.
La Mercè Concert
- The company's location is where the Vocaloid was developed between the Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona and Yamaha Corporations in Japan.
- ↑ MTG - MTG creates Voctro Labs, a new spin-off company
- ↑ Voctro Labs - Company
- ↑ link
- ↑ link
- ↑ link
- ↑ http://mtg.upf.edu/node/2751
- ↑ Vocaloidism: Bruno and Clara fanart contest winners
- ↑ Sony Music España - LA OREJA DE VAN GOGH PRESENTA PLAN B, UN PROYECTO REVOLUCIONARIO PARA LA CREACIÓN DE MÚSICA A TRAVÉS DE INTERNET
- ↑ Bruno & Clara's Facebook: Official Announcement
- ↑ link
- ↑ Sony Music España - "Otra Vez Me Has Sacado A Bailar", La Canción De La Oreja De Van Gogh Y El Plan B
- ↑ Wikipedia: Vocaloid
- Official Website (English) (Spanish)
- Vocaloid Site (English) (Spanish)
- Youtube Channel
- Company's Facebook
- Bruno & Clara's Official Facebook
- Bruno & Clara's Official Twitter