YANHE's voice was recorded prior to the choosing of an avatar and was intended to be the voicebank for VOCALOID CHINA PROJECT's runner up, Zhiyu Moke. More information can be found on the Controversy Concerns page.
On March 23, 2013, a new female Chinese voicebank from Shanghai HENIAN and MERCURY SHANGHAI was confirmed at an event. On March 25, a design competition for this voicebank was launched. The characters were illustrated based on a demo the feminine sounding vocal sang: the well known Chinese classic "Molihua". Fans were to select and vote on the design they liked best. This contest functioned similarly to VOCALOID CHINA's first contest in 2012 (where the winner was Luo Tianyi). It was confirmed that the illustrator of the winning design would also be the official artist. The submission period ended in May. The finalists and honorable mentions would be revealed later on.
On May 14, out of 666 entries, only 15 were selected as finalists. On June 6, the 4 runner ups and winning design, mouseqi's YANHE, were announced. With YANHE as the grand winner, she became a VOCALOID. An official Weibo account for her was opened on June 13.
YANHE was confirmed to undergo some changes to her design and received her own website. Her preorders launched on June 27 and an album called The Stage 1 was revealed, which featured early uses of her vocals. The voice provider was announced to be revealed at CCG EXPO A28. She was officially released on July 11. Her voice provider was confirmed to be Seira Liu.
|茉莉花 (Mòlìhuā)||YouTube VOCALOID CHINA|
|The Stage 1 (Album Crossfade)||YouTube|
|梦之雨 (Mèng zhī Yǔ) / Rain of Dreams||YouTube bilibili|
- OS: Windows 8 (32/64bit), Windows 7 (32/64bit), Vista (32bit), XP (32bit)
- CPU: Celeron Dual Core 2.1 GHz and up
- RAM: 1GB and up
- Hard Disk Capacity: 200MB and up (space required for the editor only, sound library needs extra space)
- Internet connection.
| Optimum Range: G2 ~ C4 Optimum Tempo: 80 ~ 170 BPM |
Total Tempo (min-max): 90 BPM No. of Keys: W ~ 11, B ~ 7, Total ~ 18
|Trial/Demo Vers?: No Starter Available?: No|
|Package details as noted:|
YANHE is a young, deep-toned female vocalist. Originally, she was intended to be a young masculine vocal, similar to Kagamine Len, which is why she sports a deep tone of voice.
|Vocal traits as noted:|
|Phonetic notes as noted:|
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zoLl2hRG9
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zoLBDb2QI
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zp2DE0cCh
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zpEomlQwZ
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zuRw2u1tq
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zvrQC6JQc
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zww0pc0Bm
- ↑ http://weibo.com/2473274704/zww0pc0Bm
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zwFIjb5Hr
- ↑ http://acg.178.com/zt/vocaloid_china_2nd_project/
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zA8UMpwhc
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/2473274704/zBekFqpn3
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/3500223314/zC8TaoEOE
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/3500223314/zDo2Vd6kQ
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/3500223314/zF0TRvvjV
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/3500223314/zFuMVu859
- ↑ https://www.weibo.com/3500223314/A02R378gT
- ↑ YANHE's voice description